More than 4 thousand participants, 300 networks and organisations from 28 countries from all over Europe and beyond, met at Fortezza da Basso in Florence, to debate and strategize together for another Europe. Over 100 meetings, and many new networks and campaigns launched. A call for common action emerged from the convergences, and a proposed roadmap:
JOINING FORCES FOR COMMON EUROPE
Our Democracy instead of Their Austerity
Social organizations, social movements, trade unions and citizens working against austerity and debt, for natural and social commons, for social and labour rights, for democracy, global justice and peace, for gender issues and migrant rights have gathered in Florence 10+10.
We call for a European permanent mobilization to support the fights against the crisis and build a future for everyone in Europe and in the world. This mobilization will include both convergence and decentralizes actions.
The first unifying initiative towards a European-wide convergence is the General strikes and mobilisations against austerity in many countries in Europe on the 14 of November 2012.
We propose to have a common day of action on the occasion of the EU Spring Summit, which will take place in Brussels on March 23rd. The format and final call for this common mobilization will be discussed and agreed in the following months in an open and participatory process.
We call for endorsement of the following actions and mobilizations
- 18 December 2012: World Migrants Day
- 23-27 January 2013: Action Against Finanziarization of life and commons (actions against banks)
- 8 March 2013: European action affirming women emancipation against austerity and debt
- 26-30 March 2013: World Social Forum in Tunis
- May 2013: Blockupy in Frankfurt (Germany)
- 7-9 June 2013 (proposal): Alter Summit in Athens (Greece)
- June 2013: G8 Counter Summit in UK (tbc)
- Concrete solidarity actions to support the people hit by the Austerity policies as well as the victims of racist violence and abuse
All organisations and movements may endorse the actions in which to participate and the forms for doing so.
Inteconnection and common action
This is a transversal group opened to all in order to facilitate the discussion of the general common action in the short term and a proposal for a joint common strategy in the long term.
The final call launched in Firenze 10+10 is the first result of an ongoing process.